For those who wish to extend your duration permission to continue staying in Vietnam, it is vitally important to get a Vietnam visa extension or renewal before the visa expiration. So, what is the difference between visa extension and renewal? When should you get your visa extended or visa renewed? Check out this article to figure out everything about Vietnam visa extension and renewal.
Visa extension or renewals?
In order to prolong your stay in Vietnam, you can opt for a Vietnam visa extension or visa renewal.
Whether you want to get your visa extended or renewed, it is highly recommended to apply about 10 days before your expiration because it normally takes 7 working days (excluding Saturday and Sunday) to process your documents. If you are in need of the fastest process, you will be charged an additional fee.
Currently, Vietnam visa extension or renewal is only for 1 month or 3 months (single/multiple entries)
Visa extension allows you to extend your stay in Vietnam without exiting Vietnam to apply for a new one again.
This might not be the perfect choice for you but it is the most convenient way to lengthen your stay without wasting your money and time or interrupting your job.
Here are some critical notes for a visa extension in Vung Tau, Vietnam:
- Get only a single entry visa even though your last one was a multiple-entry visa.
- Be able to get a visa extension several times after the expiration of your first extended visa.
- Get a stamp on your passport, showing a new duration of no more than 3 months.
- Get a visa extension is cheaper than a visa renewal.
Visa renewal is necessary if you wish to re-enter Vietnam when your visa is about to expire. The maximum duration of stay is 3 extra months.
Visa renewal is best suited for people whose country receives a visa exemption regulation with Vietnam or those whose wished extension of stay is different from their current visas.
For instance, you have a 1-month visa, but you want to stay in Vietnam for 3 additional months. The citizens from some countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, or Russia should make full use of visa renewal as they are exempted from a Vietnam visa for 15 days or 30 days.
Here are some critical notes for a visa renewal in Vung Tau, Vietnam:
- Get a single or multiple entry visa
- Get a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with a new length of stay in Vietnam.
- The visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension.
Requirements of a visa extension and visa renewal
For Vietnam visa extension and visa renewal, you must meet these below requirements:
- Your passport must be valid for more than 6 months from the time of extension.
- Your passport has at least 2 blank pages.
- For visa extension, there are some conditions prescribed by law you have to meet.
For example, you must show your working permit or equivalent document to prove your work in Vietnam. Under this circumstance, it’s more convenient to use work permit services.
In case of a family visit, documents such as marriage registration or birth certificate are required. If you are a tourist, you will be asked to provide your tour program or tour itinerary.
Important notes for getting Vietnam visa extension or renewal in Vung Tau, Vietnam:
- Check your current visa status. Do not forget to take a look at your nationality, your type of visa (01-month single/multiple, 3-month single/multiple), the latest date of your entry, together with the port of entry; in order to know whether a Vietnam visa extension or renewal is just right for you.
- Check Vietnam visa policies. When applying Vietnam Visa extension and visa renewal, you must pay close attention to Vietnam visa policies for different countries. Citizens from some specific countries can be confronted with a number of obstacles.
- Opt for a visa run – the fastest way to extend your visa. Visa run to the border is the most common for travelers and expats who wish to get their visa extended in the cheapest and fastest way. They exit Vietnam and cross a land or air border and come back a few days later. Contrary to its economic benefits, a visa run is full of stress and confusion.
- Aware of the cost. It’s important to note that the cost of Vietnam visa extension and renewal is based on your nationality, your entry port, and visa duration.
Visa services in Vung Tau
There are 2 most common ways to extend or renew Vietnam visa in Vung Tau city:
Go to Vietnam Immigration Departments:
- Address: 02 Thong Nhat street, ward 1, Vung Tau city
- Phone: (064) 3852361
- Fax: (064) 3848973
Vietnam Immigration Department is the official organization where you can get a Vietnam visa extension in Vung Tau, Vietnam.
The organization will work from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the morning and from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM in the afternoon, except the Vietnamese public holidays.
Find a visa agency in Vung Tau:
In response to the call for Vietnam visa extension and visa renewal in Vung Tau city, a number of agencies are established to aid these processes.
In many aspects, applying visa extension or renewal from an agency is much easier and hassle-free.
However, you should only find visa services in Vung Tau via an agency when your visa is a business visa or tourist visa.
In terms of other types of visa, it is preferable to obtain a Vietnam visa extension or renewal through official agencies, government, business sponsor or Vietnam Immigration Departments.
For business people who must prove their work in Vung Tau, it is better to find work permit services in Vung Tau.
Whether you are a person who wants to spend more time in Vung Tau with your relatives, a traveler who wishes to discover more the hidden charm of Vung Tau or a business person who has plenty of business issues, you will not be permitted to stay in Vietnam after your visa expiration. In order to renew or extend Vietnam visa in Vung Tau City, bookmark this article to fully understand Vietnam visa extension and renewal.